Travel Essentials Without Which You Shouldn’t Start!
Travelling is good. The problem is we get so into it that we start stuffing the bag with unnecessary luxuries and just ignore the travel essentials.
Whether you’re out for a quick short trip or for a long holiday tour, it’s only fair if you travel wise.
So here is the checklist of travel essentials for your glimpse. Gear up and have an “essentially-safe” journey!
1) First-aid box – because SAFETY FIRST!
Things need to be included in the first-aid box are,
- Antiseptic solution
- Cream for burns
- Throat Lozenges
- Cotton, gauze, small scissor and tweezers.
- Medicines for fever, cold, diarrhoea and pain.
2) For an extra safety!
- Oral rehydration salts
- Mosquito repellents – ‘coz mosquitoes are among the most annoying, uninvited guests!
- Travelling on a hilly terrain is a bliss but many people cannot tolerate the twists that come in the way. Having a medicine such as Avomine for motion-sickness is a good precaution if you cannot tolerate the hilly rides.
- Take proper Vaccination, specific to any place that you’re heading to!
Any ID proof??? Well! Whether you’re doing a check-in in a hotel or travelling with an e-ticket (which itself is another essential document!), you’re often questioned about docs such as identity proof. So following are the necessary documents that you should carry always,
- Photo-identity proof such as election card, passport etc. Originals should be stuffed safely in the bag and keep the photocopies in the reach.
- Printout of E-ticket and a copy of it on your mobile device.
- Have a scanned copy of essential documents on the cloud to print it out anytime, anywhere!
- Travel & health insurance documents
- Emergency contact numbers
- Important addresses
- Cash – With a widespread wave of cashless transactions, it is wise to carry less in pocket and more in account. Carrying a credit card is good but if you have a debit card then it is wise to have 2-3 debit cards of different banks.
4) Toiletries – to avoid an early morning rush into the general store!
- Toothbrush – ‘coz there are some things that you can’t share.
- Toothpaste, Mouthwash
- Towel – if not sure whether your accommodation will supply it or if you’re hygiene conscious!
- Sunscreen – if you’re planning to spend a good amount of time outside under the hot sun.
- Face wash
- Lotion, Lip balm
- Wet wipes
- Shampoo sachets!
- Camera with an extra set of batteries and spare memory cards. (Though smartphone will do if you aren’t looking for high pixel clicks)
- Books or an E-reader – ‘because reading amidst nature is a pure heaven!
- Media player
- Adapters and Power Banks
6) Life is better in Flip-flops!
Avoid carrying an extra weight of big bulky shoes unless you are on for trekking or mountain climbing. Included in travel essentials are one pair of flip-flops and one pair of lightweight shoes for a light-weight travel! And yes carry 2-3 pairs of nice warm socks if you’re going to any hill station!
- It depends on the place you’re heading to, but the point is, carry less. The obvious reason is to travel light but you also need that extra space for any shopping you do while travelling!
- A nice, warm thermal inner wears if you’re going to stay in a hilly area.
- Warm good quality jackets!
- Muffler, warm head caps and woolen gloves.
- Reflective light-colored clothes if you’re spending the vacation on a beach.
- Eating right food is a must if you’re on a traveling
- Energy foods and energy drinks on the top
- Consume less liquid! – as there are more chances of infection from outside liquids or liquids foods!
- A strict no for junk food!
- Eat healthy and a balanced diet! Shout it loud not just because you’re traveling but you need to stay healthy all the time!
- Psst! Don’t miss the delicacies of a place you are visiting!
9) Do check the weather conditions of your destination before departing as it may force you to divert or cancel your holiday plans!
10) Other essentials!
- Compact-fold-able umbrella – ‘coz weather is unpredictable!
- Torch – with an extra pair of batteries
- Inflatable pillow, sleeping mat and shawls
- Reusable water bottle
Travel Healthy, Travel Safe, Travel Light and most important! Travel with Travel essentials!
Wish you a Memorable Journey!